These Easy BBQ Meatball Sliders are the ultimate game day appetizer! Make these easy sliders for the perfect treat for your guests at your next football party.
Are you ready for some football?! I am so excited for my Super Bowl party this year. I’m making these easy BBQ meatball sliders along with some of my other favorite easy slider recipes. I think sliders may be one of my favorite party foods because they are so easy to make and they feed a large group with minimal work. This recipe starts with frozen meatballs and a jar of my favorite BBQ sauce. Of course you can make your meatballs, or sauce (or both!) from scratch if you like but for me sliders are all about keeping it simple. In fact to save time on the day of the party I’m making my meatballs ahead of time. That means all I have to do on game day is put the sliders together and pop them in the oven. BOOM! Easy BBQ meatball sliders for the win!
Sliders are the way to go for any party and they come in so many different varieties you could make a different slider recipe for every weekend during football season! Some of our top recipes are our Chicken Parmesan Sliders, Philly Cheesesteak Sliders, and Meatball Sliders (this is the Italian kind). Everyone has loved them so much that we recently put out an ebook, “Simply Sliders”, full of all new slider recipes that are perfect for every occasion. Sliders are hearty and delicious and when they are as easy as these BBQ meatball sliders it means I spend less time in the kitchen and more time on the couch cheering on my team.
- 1 package Slider Buns
- 16 oz. bag Frozen Meatballs
- 15 oz. bottle King's Hawaiian BBQ Sauce
- 6 slices Provolone Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Butter, melted
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the bottom half of the slider buns in a greased casserole dish.
- Place the meatballs in a large pot and pour the bottle of BBQ sauce over them.
- Cook the meatballs over medium high heat for 10 - 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once cooked place a meatball on each slider bun and spoon a little sauce over the meatballs. .
- Cover the meatballs in a layer of provolone cheese.
- Place the top buns over the meatballs and cover the dish with foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven, brush the melted butter over the buns and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Continue baking uncovered for another 10 minutes.
What are you making for the big game this year?