Easy Meatball Sliders
Easy meatball sliders are a simple and delicious Italian sandwich perfect for lunch, dinner, or potlucks. Quick, easy and sure to become your new favorite!
Who doesn’t love a good meatball slider?
I’ve got to admit nothing really beats the classic comfort food vibes of meatballs, pasta sauce, and lots of mozzarella cheese. It’s all the big flavors you expect in a meatball sub in an easy sliders recipe.
They make the perfect party appetizer or fun weeknight dinner for the kids. And they are a great football party food idea for the next time you have people over to watch the big game!
We’re kinda slider crazy so if you’re looking for more delicious slider options check these out!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make a great meatball slider.
- Slider buns – We always use Hawaiian slider rolls because, well, they are the best! You can use any small slider bun you prefer.
- Meatballs – You can use frozen, your own recipe, or one of our recipes to make great tasting meatballs for these sliders (see below).
- Pasta sauce – You can use your favorite sauce or make your own.
- Cheese – You’ll want to use both mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Italian seasoning – You can use any brand you like or even mix your own.
- Olive oil – You can use extra virgin or regular olive oil.
Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350°F. As it heats, fill the bottom half of a casserole dish with the slider buns.
Step 2 – Build the sliders. First, spoon a little bit of sauce on each bun and then place a single meatball on each. Next, add a bit of sauce over each meatball and then top with mozzarella cheese.
Step 3 – Top off the sliders. Once the cheese is added, place the top of the buns on top and brush with oil. Next, mix the Italian seasoning and Parm cheese together in small bowl before sprinkling over the top of the buns.
Step 4 – Bake the sliders. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes. When the ten minutes are up, carefully remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and use a knife to separate the sliders.
Serve and enjoy!
Do You Cook the Meatballs First?
Yes! This recipe calls for fully cooked meatballs that have been warmed through before adding them to the sliders and baking. I highly recommend simmering your meatballs in your pasta sauce for 15-20 minutes to warm them up and allow the flavors of the sauce to soak into them.
What Are the Best Frozen Meatballs to Buy?
Our favorite brands are Cooked Perfect Italian Style Meatballs or Mama Lucia Italian Style Meatballs.
When we heat them, we like to simmer them right in a good sauce, like Rao’s Marinara. You can use a crock pot or put them in a medium pot on the stove top. As they cook, they’ll absorb all of the yummy flavors!
How Do You Make Meatballs From Scratch?
We have a few great recipes for meatballs you can try!
If you don’t have either an Instant Pot or Air Fryer (you should really get at least one!) you can easily back them in the oven following these directions.
First, follow the instructions in the recipes to make the meatballs. Next, place them on a baking sheet and cook for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Finish them off by simmering them in a pot with your favorite sauce for another 20 minutes to give them more flavor.
Give the Bread a Little Extra Flavor
Here’s a trick I learned when working at a Pizza Hut back in high school. By adding just a little olive oil, some Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese, you’ll take the toasted bread to the next level.
What Can I Serve with Meatball Sliders
Meatball sub sides can be as delicious as the sliders themselves. And the right sides compliments the meatball subs perfectly.
One of our favorites is our Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries. If regular fries are more your thing, you can use your air fryer to cook perfectly crispy Frozen Fries. Either option is a healthy spin on these popular sides.
If salads are more your thing, you can go wrong with Mustard Potato Salad, Italian Pasta Salad, or this Classic Macaroni Salad. Or you can try this Panzanella Salad, which is an easy Italian bread salad.
How to Make it Ahead of Time
You don’t want to assemble these ahead of time because the bread will get soggy, but you can get your meatballs ready 2 to 3 days before. You can then store them in the sauce in the fridge.
When you’re ready to assemble, heat the meatballs up in the microwave or in a saucepan over medium high heat until warmed through, then follow instructions for assembling and baking the sliders.
Looking for More Easy Slider Recipes?
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Ham Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sliders
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- Chili Dog Sliders
- Copycat Big Mac Sliders
- More Slider Recipes…
Easy Meatball Sliders
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut your slider buns in half lengthwise to separate the bottoms from the tops. Place the bottom half of the slider buns in a casserole dish.
- Spoon a little sauce on each bun then place a meatball on each one, and add just a little more sauce over the meatballs.
- Cover the meatballs in mozzarella cheese.
- Place the top buns over the meatballs and brush them with a little oil.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese and the Italian seasoning then sprinkle it over the buns.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes.