Air Fryer Broccoli
Air fryer broccoli is an easy keto side dish made with fresh broccoli and a blend of Parmesan and spices. It makes a great addition to family dinners.
Our air fryer broccoli is going to make all of those broccoli haters into fans of this healthy green veggie. You heard me right. If you’re not a fan of broccoli chances are you just haven’t had it cooked the right way.
We toss ours in a mix of Parmesan cheese and spices and then drop it in an air fryer to make a quick and easy side dish that can go with any weeknight meal.
Your air fryer is good for more than just broccoli! You’ve got to give our air fryer zucchini, air fryer, asparagus, and air fryer cauliflower a try.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
What You’ll Need
- Fresh broccoli – Fresh broccoli works best. Frozen broccoli can be too soft for this. If you like convenience, you may be able to find pre cut broccoli crowns at the store.
- Olive oil – Olive oil adds a bit of flavor to the broccoli and helps the outside crisp up a bit.
- Grated Parmesan – Freshly grated Parmesan adds salty flavor.
- Spices – Garlic powder, salt and pepper adds extra flavor.
How to Make It
Prep the seasonings. Start by making the coating for the broccoli. In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Parmesan until they are well combined.
Prep the broccoli. Add the broccoli florets to a large bowl and toss them with olive oil. Once the broccoli is well coated, sprinkle with the seasoning mix. Use tongs or a spoon and toss the florets again until they are all coated.
Fry the broccoli. Add the broccoli to the basket of your air fryer. You can pile the broccoli up loosely as long as the air can still flow around it. Set the fryer to 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Halfway through (5 minutes) toss the broccoli. If you prefer tender broccoli, you can increase the cook time by 1 or 2 minutes.
Yes! Broccoli fits nicely into most keto, low carb, Paleo, and Whole30 diets. Raw broccoli has about 7.5g carbs in a 4 ounce serving. But since it is packed full of fiber, it only has 4.6g net carbs. It is also loaded with vitamins like C, K and B9.
What to Serve it With
Air fryer broccoli makes a great side dish for just about any meal. If you’re keeping it keto serve it with your keto meatloaf or Instant Pot roast. If you’re not watching your carbs you can serve it as a side dish with your salisbury steak, ranch baked pork chops, or Instant Pot chicken with mushrooms.
Dips and Sauces
Air fried broccoli goes great with different dipping sauces. You can pour some on top or dunk it right into my Keto Tzatziki sauce for a Greek inspired flavor or dip it into Basil Pesto. They also taste great with Honey Mustard, Peri Peri sauce, and Lemon aioli.
Looking for More Easy Air Fryer Recipes?
Air Fryer Broccoli
- In a small bowl combine Parmesan, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the broccoli florets in a large bowl and toss with olive oil. Then sprinkle with seasoning and toss again until it is evenly coated.
- Place the broccoli in the basket of the air fryer.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees for 10 mins. Toss halfway through. Time may vary depending on how tender you want the broccoli.