Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Buffalo Chicken Sliders made with provolone cheese, ranch dressing, and chicken tenders smothered in spicy buffalo wing sauce are simple and amazing! They are perfect for any occasion!
Looking to spice up your Super Bowl party or just have some fun with your weeknight dinner? Look no further than this delicious buffalo chicken slider recipe.
They combine the spicy, tangy buffalo wing sauce we all love with crispy chicken tenders, melted provolone cheese, ranch dressing, and soft, sweet Hawaiian rolls to make the perfect bite size appetizer for feeding a hungry crowd. Add these buffalo chicken sliders to your game day spread and watch them disappear!
Feeding a large group? Why not try a slider party? In addition to these sliders, you can also add Philly cheesesteak sliders, copycat Big Mac sliders, and BBQ chicken sliders for the best of all worlds!
Can’t get enough buffalo appetizers? Try Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip, Crock Pot buffalo chicken dip, Buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers, or buffalo chicken jalapeño popper dip! They will be the hit of the party!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls – I find these to be the best rolls for sliders. Something about the slight sweetness of the bread just gives the dish an extra dollop of amazing.
- Breaded Chicken Tenders – You can use sub with grilled chicken tenders, shredded rotisserie chicken, or homemade shredded chicken if you wish. Whatever chicken you use, make sure you cook it first!
- Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce – My absolute favorite Buffalo sauce, but feel free to use whatever sauce you prefer.
- Provolone cheese – You can sub with Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, or any cheese you wish. We find that provolone is a nice mild cheese that doesn’t clash with the spicy buffalo.
- Ranch dressing – You can also sub with blue cheese dressing if you prefer.
- Butter and Sesame seeds – To toast the buns and give them a bit of crunch.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
Step 1 – Preheat – Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Step 2 – Toss chicken – In a large bowl, add cooked chicken tender and buffalo wing sauce. Stir or toss until the chicken is fully coated.
Step 3 – Prepare rolls – Cut slider rolls in half with a bread knife (if not pre-cut). Separating the top half from the bottom half, place the bottom half of the slider buns in a greased casserole dish, baking dish, or on a baking sheet.
Step 4 – Add chicken, ranch, and cheese – Place chicken tenders on the bottom buns and drizzle ranch dressing over them. Place provolone cheese over the chicken. Place top buns on your sandwiches.
Step 5 – Butter your rolls – In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and sesame seeds then spread butter mixture over rolls.
Step 6 – Cover and bake – Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Want to save a little time? Buy your favorite brand of boneless buffalo wings instead of plain chicken tenders. This way you can eliminate the step of tossing the cooked chicken tenders in buffalo wing sauce.
I have even gone to the store before the game and picked up hot boneless buffalo wings at my grocery store. I didn’t even have to bother cooking the chicken tenders!
Buffalo sauce is tangy and spicy. Imagine hot sauce mixed with butter, vinegar, and spices.
As with anything, each brand tastes different and you can go as hot or as mild as you like.
If you don’t have a favorite brand, we recommend using Frank’s. It just has a great flavor and enough spice without being overwhelming.
What Bread to Use
We always use original Hawaiian rolls for our sliders. love the slightly sweet, super soft, rolls! You can use any slider buns you like and there are lots of brands out there.
We also like the Sara Lee slider buns a lot. They don’t have a sweetness to them, but they are still very soft and fluffy.
What Goes Well With Buffalo Chicken Sliders?
For an added touch, slice some celery sticks and carrots for dipping in your ranch or blue cheese dressing.
You can even add a small plate of pickle slices, lettuce, tomato, and sliced onion for your guest to add to their buffalo chicken slider if they desire.
Do I Cook the Chicken Before Adding It to the Sliders?
Yes! Choose your favorite brand of frozen, breaded chicken and cook them according to the package instructions. Once their done, toss them in the buffalo wing sauce before adding it to the slider buns to make your Buffalo Chicken Sliders.
Can I Make Them Ahead of Time?
Buffalo Chicken Sliders are best served hot and straight out of the oven, so I don’t recommend making these sliders ahead of time. The chicken is best when it is crisp, so these sliders are best when the cooked chicken tenders are tossed in buffalo wing sauce right before being added to the sliders. Otherwise, the sauce can make the chicken become less crisp.
Looking for More Easy Slider Recipes?
- Chicken parmesan sliders
- Easy meatball sliders
- BBQ jackfruit sliders
- Short rib sliders
- Bacon cheeseburger sliders
- Chili dog sliders
- Cuban sliders
- More Slider Recipes…
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian Rolls
- 1 pound Breaded Chicken Tenders
- ¾ cup Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- ¼ cup Ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons Butter, , melted
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl add cooked chicken tender and buffalo wing sauce tossing until the chicken is fully coated.
- Cut slider rolls in half separating the top half from the bottom half and placing the bottom half of the slider buns in a greased casserole dish or on a baking sheet.
- Place chicken tenders on the bottom buns.
- Drizzle ranch dressing over the chicken.
- Place provolone cheese over the chicken.
- Place top buns on the cheese.
- In a small bowl mix together melted butter and sesame seeds.
- Spread butter mixture over rolls.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.