Cheeseburger Tots are tater tot bites filled with cheeseburger and topped with a special sauce. An easy tater tot recipe for your upcoming super bowl party!
I kind of overdid it on the sweets over the holidays, I’m sure some of you can relate, and I was all ready to buckle down and get my low carb on when Melinda said, “But…cheeseburger tots…” at which point I decided one more day wouldn’t hurt and we baked up a batch of these tasty Cheeseburger Tots. This tater tot recipe was totally worth it because cheeseburger + tater tots = WIN!!
I’ll admit I’m a tater tot fanatic. If I find a place with tater tots on the menu they are instantly my new favorite restaurant. Tater tots are little, crisp, golden, bites of potato deliciousness! If you aren’t a hardcore tot fan like me don’t skip these babies, Melinda isn’t all about tater tots and she agreed these Cheeseburger Tots are amazing. It’s like wrapping your cheeseburger up in french fries. Are you drooling yet?
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we might receive a small commission. Thank you!
Cheeseburger tots are really easy to make (which makes them even better IMHO) all you need are some frozen tater tots, ground beef, onions, mayo, mustard, ketchup, and pickle relish. Oh, and if you want to make them Big Mac style don’t forget the special sauce! Start by browning the ground beef and onions and then mixing them with the mayo, mustard, ketchup, and pickle relish. Then grease a mini muffin tin and place three frozen tots in each slot. Bake the tots at 425 degrees F. for 10 minutes. When the time is up remove them from the oven and use a tamper to press them down. The tater tots will spread around the tamper and create a cup. Fill the cups with the burger mixture and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Place them back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes longer.
More Tater Tot Recipes:
- Taco Tater Tot Bites
- Loaded Tater Tot Bites
- Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Tots
- Ham and Cheese Tater Tot Skewers
When the Cheeseburger tots come out of the oven let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes or so, then gently remove them from the pan and place them on a serving tray. Drizzle them with the “special sauce” and top with mini pickle slices (I bought mini pickles and sliced them myself). If you eat a few as you go I won’t judge you.
- 48 Tater Tots, , frozen
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 c Onion, , finely diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Pickle relish
- 1 c Cheddar cheese, , shredded
- Note: You can use more or less of any of these condiments according to your taste!
- Mini Pickles for garnish
- 1/2 c Mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Pickle relish
- 2 tbsp Yellow mustard
- 1 tsp White wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat. Once meat has browned drain the grease then add beef and onions back to the skillet and cook until softened.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, and pickle relish to the ground beef and stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a mini muffin pan and place three tater tots in each cup. Bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the muffin pan from the oven and use a tamper to press the tater tots down into each cup. This will create a tater tot cup.
- Fill the tater tots with the ground beef mixture and top with cheddar cheese.
- Place the tater tots back in the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the cheeseburger tots from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan.
- While the cheeseburger tots cool mix together all of the special sauce ingredients.
- Drizzle the special sauce over the cheeseburger tots and top with mini pickle slices.