Baked Ranch Pork Chops
These easy baked ranch pork chops are a 2 ingredient dinner you can have on the table in under 30 minutes. This family friendly main features tangy ranch seasoning everyone will go crazy for.
These delicious ranch pork chops are tender, juicy baked pork chops covered in a flavorful ranch seasoning mix. If you and your family love ranch dressing like we do then you’ve got to give these a try.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need for this easy recipe:
- Pork Chops – We used 1 inch thick pork chops. If yours are thicker you’ll need to add a little more baking time.
- Homemade Ranch Seasoning – We have a great recipe that you can check out here, or you can use two pre-made dry ranch seasoning packets that you should be able to find at your local grocery store. To make the ranch seasoning at home, you’ll need Dry Buttermilk Powder, which you should be able to find in the baking aisle near the evaporated milk.
Step 1 – Prepare oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2 -Season the pork chops. To do this, pour the ranch seasoning onto a large plate. Next, dip each pork chop in the seasoning, turning it over until it is fully coated. Shake off any excess before placing each chop on a baking sheet.
Step 3 – Bake the chops. Place the prepared pork chops in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Pork chops need to reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. We highly recommend getting this Meat Thermometer. We can’t live without it at this point since it takes the guesswork out of cooking just about any meat to perfection.
When done, remove them from the oven and then let them rest for 5 minutes before serving
How Long to Bake Pork Chops
Cooking times for baked pork chops varies based on their thickness.
We use thinner 1-inch pork chops for this recipe and find that around 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees F is the perfect amount of time.
If you’re cooking thicker pork chops you will want to bake 20 to 25 minutes at 400 degrees F. Again, always check the internal temperature to ensure they are cooked through before serving.
Of course, you should always check their internal temperature with a thermometer to make sure they are ready. Pork chops are done when they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Is It Better to Fry or Bake Pork Chops?
We prefer baked pork chops because they don’t require the excess oil that frying does. That means the pork chops are healthier and the clean-up after baking is so much easier!
A healthier alternative to frying your chops would be cooking them in the air fryer.
Want to Try it in the Air Fryer?
We have a great basic recipe for air fryer pork chops here. You can just substitute out the seasoning in our recipe for ranch seasoning. Here’s how to make ranch pork chops in the air fryer:
- Before seasoning the chops, rub about a teaspoon of olive oil over each chop so they get a coating but are not dripping with olive oil.
- Next, season them as described, dipping the chops in the dry ranch seasoning.
- Work in batches and place your pork chops in the air fryer basket. Make sure you do not stack the pork chops! Place them side-by-side with a little room between each.
- Set the temperature to 375 degrees F and the timer to 9 minutes and then start cooking the chops.
- Halfway through, stop the timer and remove the basket and then carefully flip the pork chops over. Replace the basket and continue cooking.
- When done, make sure to check the internal temperature to ensure that they have reached 145 degrees F and then remove the pork chops from the air fryer.
- Let rest for 3 minutes before serving.
How to Make it Ahead of Time
Pork chops taste best right out of the oven because reheating can dry them out. If you want to make them ahead of time, store them in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
To reheat, we recommend cutting them into slices and microwaving for 1 to 2 minutes or until warmed through. Alternatively, you could heat them in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through.
Looking for More Easy Pork Recipes?-
- Instant Pot Pork Roast and Gravy
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
- Provolone and Prosciutto Stuffed Pork Loin
- Instant Pot Pork Belly Tacos
- Low Carb Moo Shu Pork
- More Pork Recipes…
Ranch Baked Pork Chops
- 4 Pork Chops, 1 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour the ranch seasoning onto a plate.
- Dip each pork chop in the ranch seasoning turning it over until it is fully coated. Shake off excess before placing on a baking sheet.
- Place pork chops in the oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. The pork chop is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Let pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This post first appeared on The Slow Roasted Italian website