Keto Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Peppers
Keto chicken alfredo stuffed peppers take the classic chicken Alfredo flavors and pack then into keto stuffed peppers for a creamy, cheesy, low carb dinner the whole family will love.
These amazing chicken Alfredo keto stuffed peppers are the newest addition to our chicken Alfredo line-up.
We’ve packed seasoned chicken, creamy Alfredo sauce, and cauliflower rice into bel peppers and topped it all with mozzarella cheese for a keto twist on a classic.
Our keto chicken Alfredo casserole is our #1 recipe, with the chicken Alfredo broccoli casserole a close second. We also have a spicy version using our blackened chicken to make a Cajun chicken Alfredo pasta using heart of palm noodles.
We’ve even got a chicken Alfredo zucchini lasagna that gives you layers of zucchini and chicken smothered in a cheesy Alfredo sauce. I don’t think I’ve ever had leftovers…
Basically anything we can use our keto Alfredo sauce on gets turned into a delicious, creamy, low carb comfort food that people love whether they are counting their carbs or not!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
These keto stuffed bell peppers are packed with seasoned chicken, cauliflower rice, creamy Alfredo sauce, and mozzarella cheese for a delicious low carb twist on a classic pasta dish.
- Olive oil – You could use any light tasting oil.
- Bell peppers – You can use any color you like. Make sure to grab a few extras and try our taco stuffed peppers, Philly cheese steak stuffed peppers, keto jambalaya stuffed peppers, lasagna stuffed peppers, or meat lovers’ pizza stuffed peppers too.
- Chicken breast – We use boneless, skinless breasts for this.
- Spices – You’ll need onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and Kosher salt.
- Keto Alfredo sauce – Though traditional alfredo is keto naturally, a lot of store varieties are not due to added sugars. We have a great keto recipe you can make at home but if you’re in a hurry just make sure you check the labels on the Alfredo sauce you buy.
- Cauliflower rice – You should be able to find this in the fresh, refrigerated section of produce or frozen in the frozen food aisle.
- Cheeses – You’ll need both Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Step 1 – Prepare the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Step 2 – Prep the peppers. As the oven heats, remove the top of the bell pepper and throw away the stem piece and then use a spoon to remove all of the seeds.
Once you remove the seeds, drizzle a ½ teaspoon olive oil over each pepper and use your fingers to rub the oil all over the inside and outside. Next, lightly sprinkle with salt, dividing 1 teaspoon between all 4 peppers.
Finally, place the prepared peppers on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 15 minutes.
Step 3 – Brown the chicken. As the peppers bake, heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it. Next, place the cubed chicken breast into the pan and sprinkle with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through.
Note: If your pan has a lot of browned bits stuck to the bottom after cooking the chicken you can transfer the chicken to a plate and wipe out the bottom of the pan (or switch to a new pan if you prefer). Then add a little olive oil to the pan and return the chicken to it before continuing on with the recipe.
Step 4 – Cook the cauliflower rice. Once the chicken has cooked through, pour in the keto Alfredo sauce and cauliflower rice. Stir until well mixed and then cook until the cauliflower rice is tender, approximately 5 minutes.
Finally, remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
Step 5 – Stuff and bake the peppers. Carefully remove the cooked peppers from the oven and stuff each with equal amounts of the chicken alfredo mixture.
Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese before placing the stuffed peppers into the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
Remove the stuffed peppers from the oven and serve hot from the oven.
Is Alfredo Sauce Keto?
Yes, traditional Alfredo sauce is a keto fat bomb.
Unfortunately, many of the store bought varieties have added thickeners that can increase the carb counts in them. We highly recommend making our keto Alfredo sauce at home and adding it to your stuffed peppers so you know exactly what went into it.
If you don’t have the extra time then just make sure you read the labels and choose the most keto-friendly version you can find.
Alfredo sauce can be pretty versatile.
Just cook it ahead of time, cut it up, and add it to the dish in place of the chicken breast listed in the ingredients!
You can also sub sweet or hot Italian sausage for the chicken if you like. Even ground beef can work with some meatball seasonings thrown in too.
If you don’t want to use cauliflower rice, there are lots of alternatives. You could use heart of palm noodles or heart of palm rice. Or, you could just steam some broccoli, chop it up, and use that in place of the cauliflower.
And if you don’t keep keto, you can also use regular white or brown rice instead of the cauliflower.
How to Make it Ahead of Time
You can stuff the peppers and then store them in the refrigerator in a sealed container for 1 to 2 days before baking them according to the instructions.
You can also bake them ahead of time and then let them cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
To reheat, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degree F for 20 to 25 minutes or until warmed through. You could also place them in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes or until warmed through.
Looking for More Keto Recipes?
- Keto Peanut Butter Chicken
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Keto Big Mac Bowl
- Keto Big Mac Casserole
- Keto Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole
- Keto Taco Casserole
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- More Keto Recipes…
Keto Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Peppers
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- 4 Bell peppers, any color
- 16 ounces Chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Keto Alfredo sauce
- 12 ounces Cauliflower rice
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the top of the bell pepper and throw away the stem piece. Use a spoon to remove all of the seeds.
- Drizzle ½ teaspoon olive oil over each pepper and use your fingers to rub the oil over the inside and outside. Lightly sprinkle with salt dividing 1/2 teaspoon between all 4 peppers.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and put them into the oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it.
- Place the cubed chicken breast into the pan and sprinkle with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through. See note 1.
- Pour in the keto Alfredo sauce and cauliflower rice and stir until well mixed and the cauliflower rice is tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan and 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese.
- Remove the cooked peppers from the oven and stuff each one with equal amounts of the chicken Alfredo mixture. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Place the stuffed peppers back in the oven to bake for 15 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.