Turkey Panini with Brie and Cranberry
This delicious turkey panini with brie and cranberry is made with crusty bread, thinly sliced turkey, creamy brie cheese, and a sweet and spicy cranberry salsa for the perfect after Thanksgiving sandwich.
This turkey panini is a delicious way to use up leftover turkey and cranberry salsa after Thanksgiving or Christmas. All you need is some cheese, a loaf of bread, a little leftover turkey ( or deli slices!) and homemade cranberry salsa made with fresh cranberries and jalapenos.
Put it all together and toast it in a panini press and you get this amazing turkey and melted cheese sandwich. It’s like the ultimate grilled cheese!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
What Makes a Panini Sandwich a Panini?
A panini is a pressed sandwich that has been grilled on a special press that heats all of the ingredients through and toasting the bread.
Paninis usually consist of meat, cheese, and a pesto, mayo, dijon mustard, cranberry sauce or other condiment. They can also include fruits/vegetables such as tomatoes, avocado, spinach, green apples, and red peppers.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Bread – This should be a crusty bread such as ciabatta or sourdough bread.
- Butter – Salted butter is best. You can also use a garlic butter for a little extra flavor if you like.
- Turkey – Sliced deli turkey breast works any time of year. Slices of Thanksgiving turkey is a great way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Brie cheese – This soft, cream cheese can be added with the rind on or removed whichever you prefer.
- Cranberry Salsa – Our fresh cranberry salsa is great with chip, cheese and crackers, and the perfect addition to this turkey panini. It is made with fresh cranberries and jalapenos for a tart and spicy bite.
Equipment You’ll Need
To make a panini you’re going to need a panini press. This can be a really simple sandwich press that has a fixed plate and is just for paninis or you can buy a slightly fancier panini press that has different plates that allow it to be used for cooking different types of food items. These presses often have adjustable heights as well so you can cook larger items.
Step 1 – Prepare the Bread. Butter two slices of bread.
Step 2 – Fill sandwich. On the un-buttered side of one of the slices of bread add the brie cheese, cranberry salsa, and turkey. Place remaining piece of bread on top with the buttered side facing out.
Step 3 – Press. Place sandwich on the heated grill and close lid. Cook for 3-5 minutes until toasted to your liking and the cheese is melted.
Step 4 – Serve. Serve immediately with your favorite chips or a small side salad.
What is the Best Bread for a Panini?
The best bread for a panini is a crusty bread that isn’t too soft. Italian bread, sourdough bread, ciabatta, or French bread are most commonly used for this type of sandwich. They hold up to the pressure of the sandwich press better than a softer bread.
Do You Butter Bread for Panini Press?
Yes! You’ll want to butter bread one side of each slice of bread and make sure that side faces outwards. This will toast your bread to a buttery golden brown as it cooks.
What is a Good Cheese for Panini?
You can use any cheese for a panini but the best kind is one that melts well such as sharp cheddar cheese, mozzarella, provolone, or swiss cheese.
Looking for More Easy Sandwich Recipes?
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich
- Avocado Turmeric Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Grilled California Club Sandwich
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
- Cuban Sliders
- Chicken Cheesesteak Sliders
Like this recipe?
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes like this.
Turkey and Cranberry Panini
- 2 slices Bread, should be a crusty bread such as ciabatta or sourdough
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 4 ounces Turkey
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons Cranberry Salsa
- Butter two slices of bread.
- On the un-buttered side of one of the slices of bread add the brie cheese, cranberry salsa, and turkey. Place remaining piece of bread on top with the buttered side facing out.
- Place sandwich on the heated grill and close lid. Cook for 3-5 minutes until toasted to your liking and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately