BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
Pulled pork covered in barbecue sauce, sweet and tangy coleslaw, on a toasted bun. These BBQ pulled pork sliders will be the hit of any potluck, cookout, or family meal!
I love sliders! They fit perfectly in your hand and give you a mouthful of flavor in every bite!
They are great backyard dishes and what goes better at a BBQ than BBQ pulled pork? This recipe will be the hit of your next backyard cookout, 4th of July celebration, or game day party! It goes with just about anything and is easy to make ahead of time!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 12 Slider rolls – Try Hawaiian sweet slider rolls or regular slider rolls.
- BBQ pulled pork – You can buy it premade at the grocery store or make it yourself. We have a great recipe here for delicious, tender BBQ pulled pork in a slow cooker or Instant Pot.
- Southern coleslaw – You’ve gotta have coleslaw if you’re having pulled pork.
- Butter – You’ll melt this and brush it over the tops of your buns for perfectly toasted, buttery bread
- Poppy seeds – You can usually find these in the spice aisle.
- Worcestershire sauce -We know, we can’t say it either.
- Spices – Onion powder and mustard powder add a little extra flavor.
Want a vegan version to serve alongside these at parties? Try our BBQ Jackfruit Sliders!
Step 1 – Preheat. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Step 2 – Assemble your sliders. Separate your slider buns and cut each in half so there is a top and a bottom. Place the bottoms on a lined baking sheet. Evenly distribute the BBQ pulled pork between the 12 slider buns. Place the tops on the buns.
Step 3 – Prepare the butter. In a small bowl combine melted butter, poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and mustard powder. Brush the tops of the buns with the butter mixture.
Step 4 – Bake. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Step 5 – Add slaw and serve, When the sliders come out of the oven, let them cool for a few minutes. Remove the top buns and evenly distribute the coleslaw across the 12 sliders, using a slotted spoon to get as little of the coleslaw liquid as possible. Place the top buns back on and serve immediately.
If you are serving these at a party as an appetizer or a potluck with lots of other dishes, then you will want to serve 2 sliders per person.
If you are serving to your family for dinner, then serve 3 per person.
The traditional southern topping is homemade coleslaw. Slightly sweet and super creamy, this mayo based creamy coleslaw is all you need on a good pulled pork sandwich.
You can also try additional toppings like dill pickles (or sweet if you prefer), pickled red onions, or slices or cheddar, mozzarella, provolone, or any cheese of your choice.
You may also want to serve it with a small portion of the BBQ sauce on the side. Some people like their sandwiched dripping with sauce or just like to dip their sliders.
What do you serve with pulled pork sliders?
This classic BBQ dish requires classic BBQ sides. You will want to pair it with baked beans, potato or macaroni salad, macaroni and cheese, and fries or chips. Here are some of our favorite recipes that will really round out this dish:
Can you make pulled pork sliders ahead of time?
Yes! While I don’t suggest assembling and baking the sliders ahead of time you can make your BBQ pulled pork and homemade coleslaw 2-3 days ahead of time.
On the day of your event, you can assemble the sliders up to 1 hour ahead of time. Warm your pulled pork in the microwave for a few minutes so it is heated through, then place it on the buns. Cover with foil until you are ready to bake.
I suggest brushing them with the butter mixture and popping in the oven right as guests arrive. That way they can enjoy them fresh out of the oven!
Looking for more slider recipes?
- Chili Dog Sliders
- Easy Meatball Sliders
- Ham Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sliders
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Sliders
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Chicken Cheesesteak Sliders
- Copycat Big Mac Sliders
- More Slider Recipes…
BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Separate your slider buns and cut each in half so there is a top and a bottom. Place the bottoms on a lined baking sheet.
- Evenly distribute the bbq pulled pork between the 12 slider buns. Place the tops on the buns.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and mustard powder.
- Brush the tops of the buns with the butter mixture.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- When the sliders come out of the oven let them cool for a few minutes then remove the top buns and evenly distribute the coleslaw across the 12 sliders (use a slotted spoon to get as little of the coleslaw liquid as possible.
- Place the top buns back on and serve immediately.