Deviled ham uses your leftover ham and turns it into a flavor packed spread that is perfect for a quick lunch or a creamy spread that makes a great party appetizer.
Deviled ham is a truly great way to make use of ham leftovers!. Unlike just heating it up again or placing the ham on a ho-hum ham and cheese sandwich, this dish spices things up.
It is super easy to make and quite versatile. You can have it on its own as a keto-friendly meal or snack. You can also serve it over greens or spread it out on cucumber slices or celery sticks.
And if you love sandwiches, you can definitely serve on a roll, your favorite bread, or even some of the leftover crescent rolls.
If you’re looking for some other ways to use up that leftover ham from your holiday meal try out ham and cheese breakfast sliders, ham and cheese english muffin breakfast casserole, or my personal favorite ham and bean soup !
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Deviled ham is a combination of ham, mayo, and various spices and seasonings. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Ham – This is a great, keto-friendly way to use leftover ham from Easter or a family dinner.
- Mayonnaise – We prefer using regular mayo, especially if you are following a keto diet, but low fat mayo can work too. It just has more added sugar.
- Seasonings – To season the ham, you’ll need spicy brown mustard, tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and black pepper.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy it is to make. Here’s what you need to do.
Step 1 – Chop the ham. This is easier than it sounds if you have a food processor. Just place the ham in your food processor and pulse until it is finely chopped. If you don’t own a food processor, you can use a very sharp knife to dice up the ham as best as possible.
Step 2 – Mix together and serve. The second step is also super simple. Grab a large bowl and stir all the ingredients together in the bowl. Once it is well incorporated, serve on its own, on top of greens, or as part of a sandwich.
How Long Does It Last in the Fridge?
Once you make the deviled ham, you should store anything you are not using in the fridge. We recommend placing it in an airtight container. It should last about 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
How to Freeze It
If you want the deviled ham to last longer, you can easily freeze it. To freeze the dish, place it in a freezer safe container or bag. When using a bag, try to squeeze as much air out as possible to prevent freezer burn. It should last about 6 months in the freezer.
If you make a large batch or intend to make it for lunch, try placing it in small containers or bags. That way, you can take out a single portion at a time and leave the rest frozen.
When you are ready to serve, take it out of the freezer and let it rest overnight in the fridge. The thawed deviled ham should last about 3 to 4 days in the fridge if you had frozen it immediately.
Looking for More Ham Recipes?
- Low Carb Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche
- Honey Glazed Ham
- Ham and Cheese Tater Tot Skewers
- Ham and Cheese Pretzel Bombs
- Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Twice Baked Potatoes
- 1.5 pounds Ham
- ⅔ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Spicy brown mustard
- 2-3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- Place the ham in a food processor and pulse to finely chop it.
- In a large bowl combine the ham, mayonnaise, mustard, tabasco sauce, worcestershire, lemon juice, and pepper. Stir together until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy.