Halloween Slime Pops
These Halloween Slime Pops are a super easy Halloween dessert that are quick to make and totally delicious.
Halloween will be here before you know it. Pinterest is crawling with all sorts of cute Halloween crafts and yummy Halloween treats! Melinda and I absolutely love Halloween if you can’t tell from this, this, and THIS! Last year we hosted a Mad Scientist Halloween party and the focus was on these adorable brain cupcakes, but one of my favorite, easy Halloween treats were these radioactive Slime Pops.
They are great for a Halloween party because they are super easy to make and I guarantee you that you won’t have any leftovers. You start by splitting apart a bunch of double stuffed Oreo cookies. Just twist off the top and set it to the side. Then push a lollipop stick into the cream to make a groove. Dip your stick into some melted chocolate and put it into the groove pressing the top cookie back into place. To make the slime fill a sandwich baggie with melted green chocolate melts, snip off the tip of one corner, and slowly pipe a thick line of chocolate over the top of the cookie. Tap the bottom of the stick on the table and watch the chocolate start to ooze down the cookie making big drips that look like slime.
I placed my cookies in a coffee mug to dry so that gravity would do the work of making the chocolate drip. I left them in there until they were fully dry then I put them all in an airtight container and tried to resist eating them until the party :).
On party day I displayed them in a rectangular glass vase I had and I printed some radioactive signs (DOWNLOAD HERE) for the table. Once the party start these went fast. Who can resist a chocolate covered Oreo?! Even if you aren’t hosting a party this year these are so easy to make you could just whip up a few Halloween treats for the kids!
Halloween Slime Pops
- 1 package of Double Stuffed Oreo cookies
- 2 c Green Chocolate Melts
- Lollipop sticks
- Split apart the Oreos by twisting off the tops and set them to the side.
- Then push a lollipop stick into the cream of each cookie to make a groove.
- Place the chocolate melts in a mug and microwave them for 30 seconds and then 15 seconds at a time until they are fully melted and smooth.
- Dip your stick into some melted chocolate and put it into the groove pressing the top cookie back into place.
- Fill a sandwich baggie with melted chocolate melts, snip off the tip of one corner, and slowly pipe a thick line of chocolate over the top of the cookie.
- Tap the bottom of the stick on the table and let the chocolate ooze down the cookie.
- Place in a coffee mug to dry.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you’re looking for other awesome Halloween recipes check these out!