This S’mores Brownie Recipe is an easy way to have s’mores without the need for a campfire (and with less mess!).
Did you know there is a National S’mores Day? That’s right, s’mores are so awesome that they have their own day. If you love s’mores as much as I do then you’ve already grabbed the graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows and you’re ready to celebrate! As much as I love s’mores, and I do, I REALLY do, I rarely have time to roast marshmallows over a fire and smoosh them, along with a bar of chocolate, in between two graham crackers. It’s a shame really, but that’s life and I’ve learned to adapt by coming up with my own quick and easy recipe for s’mores brownies! All the taste of a s’mores ready and waiting for you without having to light a fire.
All you need is a box of brownie mix (and whatever ingredients it calls for to bake the brownies), marshmallow fluff, butter and a box of graham crackers. Mix up your brownies and get your baking dish ready. First place a layer of graham crackers on the bottom, then pour a layer of brownie mix, then another layer of graham cracker, and another layer of brownie mix. I did two layers of graham cracker because that is part of what I think makes a s’mores so special. If you don’t care so much about the graham cracker then you are Melinda’s camp and you can just do one layer of graham cracker in between layers of brownie mix. Top the whole thing off by adding marshmallow fluff and swirling it into the top layer of brownie mix. Bake them and then Voila! You have s’more at your finger tips for the next few days…or for the afternoon if you love s’mores as much as I do! 😉
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 box graham crackers
- 1 c marshmallow fluff
- ¼ c unsalted butter
- 11x7 glass or metal baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Follow the instructions on your brownie mix box to make your brownie mixture
- Melt ¼ c of butter
- Mix the butter with the marshmallow fluff until it is smooth
- Spray the baking dish with non-stick spray
- Lay graham crackers over the bottom of the dish
- Pour half of the brownie mixture over the graham crackers
- Lay down a second layer of graham crackers
- Pour the remaining brownie mixture over the graham crackers
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the top of the brownies
- Drag a knife back and forth through the marshmallow mixture to mix it with the brownie
- Bake in oven for the amount of time on the back of the brownie box
- Let the brownies cool and then enjoy!
- Note: Graham crackers are my favorite part of s'mores and the two layers of graham crackers in the recipe make sure you taste them but, if you aren't as big of a fan as I am, you can eliminate the second layer of graham crackers.
Follow Home.Made.Interest.’s board Food- S’mores on Pinterest.
Looking for other awesome s’mores recipes? Check out our S’mores board on Pinterest.