Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
These Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops are tender, juicy boneless pork chops that are cooked to perfection in just 11 minutes! These easy air fryer pork chops are easy to make and are perfect for every occasion!
If I didn’t love my air fryer before, cooking pork chops in the air fryer would have made me a believer!
This parmesan crusted pork chop recipe is amazing! When I cook pork chops in the oven, I always worry about drying them out but with the air fryer they come out perfectly tender and juicy!
Just like our air fryer BBQ pork chops these crusted parmesan pork chops are quick and easy to make, and will be a big hit with your family!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Boneless pork chops – fresh, not frozen, and approximately 1/2 inch thick
- Olive oil – EVOO brings out the flavor of meat when cooking.
- Salt and Pepper – We use Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Italian seasoning – A dried spice mix usually consisting of basil, marjoram, rosemary, oregano, and thyme.
- Shredded Parmesan cheese – You can shred it yourself or buy it pre-shredded. Don’t use the powdered stuff you want this cheese to melt a little.
- Panko bread crumbs – Gives your pork chops a crispy crust.
- Dijon mustard – You don’t want to use yellow mustard for this recipe. It will give it an entirely different flavor.
We use a Cosori 5.8 Qt air fryer for all of our air fryer recipes.
Step 1 – Prepare your chops. Lightly pat pork chops dry with a paper towel and season with 2 teaspoons of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper divided between the 4 pork chops.
Step 2 – Mix your seasoning. In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, panko breadcrumbs, and olive oil. Stir together until well combined.
Step 3 – Coat your chops. Spread 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard over each pork chop.
Divide the Parmesan mixture between the 4 pork chops and gently press it down firmly to cover the top of each one.
Step 4 – Preheat. Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Step 5 – Air Fry . Working in batches, place your pork chops in the air fryer basket. Do not stack the pork chops, place them side-by-side.
Set the timer to 11 minutes. Start cooking the pork chops.
Step 6 – Rest and serve. When done, check the internal temperature to ensure that the pork chop is 145 degrees F. Remove the pork chops from the air fryer and let rest for 3 minutes before serving.
How Do You Keep Breading From Falling Off Pork Chops?
When you coat your pork chops in breading, sometimes it sticks and pulls off during the cooking process. Don’t worry, we have the solution!
Whether we are baking in the oven or cooking in the air fryer, we’ve found the surest way to get the best crispy crust on our pork chops is to coat the top side of the chop with a binder. We use something like honey mustard dressing, mayonnaise, or even a mix of the two. In this recipe, we used Dijon mustard.
Then pile your breadcrumbs and seasoning mixture on top (with some cheese to help hold it together). Press down firmly on it to help everything stick together, then cook it without flipping. You get all of that amazing flavor without having to worry about the breading falling off!
How Long Does It Take Pork Chops to Cook in the Air Fryer?
Here are some guidelines so you can know what to expect when you air fry pork chops, but please remember air fryers can vary. Always make sure to check with an instant read thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- 1/2 inch thick – 11 minutes
- 1 inch thick – 12-13 minutes
- 1.5 – 2 inches thick – 13-15 minutes
- Bone-in pork chops – Our times are based on boneless pork chops. Bone-in pork chops take slightly longer to cook so add 1-2 minutes to the time.
What Temperature Do I Cook Air Fried Pork Chops?
For fresh, not frozen, honey garlic pork chops you will want to cook them at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 9 minutes. However, as we said before, each air fryer is different. The temperature will always be 375 degrees F, but the time may vary. Make sure you are checking the internal temperature of your porkchops before serving. The internal temperature should be 145 degrees F.
How Can You Tell If Porkchops Are Done?
There are three ways to tell if your air fryer pork chops are done.
- Thermometer – This is the best and most reliable way to ensure your chops are ready. Using an instant read meat thermometer, stick into thickest part of the meat. The temperature should be 145 degrees F. If you’re cooking a bone-in pork chop, make sure the thermometer doesn’t touch the bone or you may get a false reading.
- Touch – A fully cooked pork chop should feel firm, but not hard, with just a little bit of give. If it’s hard and no give, it’s overdone.
- Test cut – Cut a small slice into the center of one of your chops. The juices should run clear, and the meat should have a white color (a little hint of pink is ok). This is our least favorite way of checking, as the juices continue to leak out. If you need to keep cooking, those juices are important and if you lose too much it can result in a dry pork chop.
What Goes With Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops?
Most everything goes with air fryer BBQ pork chops. You have your standards such as mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, and corn on the cob, but you may want to try something different. We have a few suggestions, depending on where you’re serving your pork chops.
This dish will pair will with just about anything. Since this recipe has an Italian food flavor, we love serving it with Texas toast garlic bread , panzanella salad, quick and easy cucumber salad, or Italian green bean salad .
Looking for More Pork Chop Recipes?
- Air Fryer BBQ Pork Chops
- Sheet Pan Spicy BBQ Pork Chops and Potatoes
- Baked Ranch Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
- Apple Pecan Stuffed Pork Chops
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- Lightly pat pork chops dry and season with 2 teaspoons of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper divided between the 4 pork chops.
- In a small bowl combine Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, and olive oil. Stir together until well combined.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard over each pork chop.
- Divide the Parmesan mixture between the 4 pork chops and gently press it down to cover the top of each one.
- Working in batches place your pork chops in the airy fryer basket. Do not stack the pork chops, place them side-by-side.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Set the temperature to 375 degrees F and the timer to 11 minutes. Start cooking the pork chops.
- When done check the internal temperature to ensure that the pork is 145 degrees F and then remove the pork chops from the air fryer and let rest for 3 minutes before serving.