Bunny Bait – Easy Easter Snack Mix!
This crunchy, sweet, and salt bunny bait is an easy Easter snack mix made with Chex cereal, white chocolate, and your favorite add-ins.
Easter is just around the corner and it’s the perfect time to indulge in some sweet treats. If you’re looking for a fun and easy recipe that you can whip up for your family or friends, then look no further than bunny bait!
This delicious Easter Chex mix is sure to be a hit at your next Easter celebration, and with so many options for customization, you can make it your own. So let’s hop to it and get ready to make some delicious bunny bait!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
What Is Bunny Bait?
Bunny bait is a salty-sweet snack mix that is easy to make and perfect for sharing with family and friends during Easter celebrations.
This recipe is a simplified version of the classic “puppy chow” or “muddy buddies” recipe, with added Easter-themed ingredients that make it a fun and festive treat that can be added to Easter baskets or served as a sweet, crunchy, snack before Easter dinner.
Easter Snack Mix Ingredients
To make bunny bait, you will need the following ingredients:
- Rice Chex Cereal – You could substitute with corn Chex cereal as well.
- Almonds– We use salted almonds for this sweet and salty snack.
- Mini pretzels – You could also use pretzel sticks or pretzel bites, whatever you like!
- White candy melts – You can also use white chocolate chips or almond bark. I prefer the candy melts because they tend to be a brighter white.
- Easter M&Ms – these pastel M&Ms are perfect for a spring treat.
- Mini marshmallows – I like to throw these in because they look like little bunny tails, and what kid doesn’t love marshmallows!?
- Easter sprinkles – Any pastel sprinkles
If you’re looking for more options, you can also mix in some peanuts or popcorn to make it a little bit saltier, or use cheerios instead of Rice Chex cereal for a slightly different texture.
You can also add in other Easter-themed treats like candy eggs, Reese’s pieces, Cadbury eggs, or any of your other favorite things. Just make sure to keep the bright pastel colors in mind to keep with the Easter theme.
How to Make Bunny Bait
Step 1 – Dry Ingredients. To make Easter bunny bait, start by pouring the Rice Chex cereal, almonds, and mini pretzels into a medium bowl and mixing them together.
Step 2 – Melt chocolate. Then, in a small microwave-safe bowl, add the white chocolate melts and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring well in between, until melted and smooth.
Step 3 – Mix it all together. Pour the melted white chocolate into the bowl with the cereal mixture and gently stir it until all of the ingredients are well coated.
Step 4 – Cool. Then, pour the coated cereal mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and sprinkle the Easter M&M candies and mini marshmallows over it. Let the snack mix cool completely.
Step 5 – Serve. Once both the snack mix has cooled completely, gently scoop it up off of the baking sheet, breaking apart any large chunks that might be stuck together, and place it in a bowl to serve or store in an airtight container for later.
How to Store
Bunny bait can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Looking for More Easy Easter Desserts
- Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
- Ambrosia Salad
- Watergate Salad
- Banana Cream Cheesecake Dip
- Lemon Curd Tartlets
- No Bake Lemon Meringue Dip
- Bird’s Nest Easter Cupcakes
- Easter Candy Blondies
- Easter Peeps S’mores Dip
- More Easter Desserts…
- 5 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Mini pretzels
- 16 ounces White chocolate melts
- 1/2 cup Easter M&Ms
- 1 cups Mini marshmallows
- Pour the rice Chex cereal, almonds, and mini pretzels into a medium bowl and mix them together.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl add the white chocolate melts and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring well in between, until melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted white chocolate into the bowl and toss until all of the ingredients are well coated.
- Pour the coated cereal mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and sprinkle the M&Ms and mini marshmallows over it.
- Once both the snack mix has cooled completely gently scoop it up off of the baking sheet, breaking apart any large chunks that might be stuck together, and place it in a bowl to serve or store in an airtight container for later.