Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
Bacon cheeseburger sliders baked in the oven are a deliciously easy way to feed a hungry crowd. Score big time when you serve these sliders piled high with savory bacon, melty cheese, and all your favorite cheeseburger toppings!
We love a good cheeseburger, and sliders are a crowd favorite at my parties. I’ve made everything from Philly cheesesteak sliders, to Chicken parmesan sliders, and they are all delicious, but I don’t think anything can top my Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders! The ultimate comfort food in the palm of your hand. Make these at your next party and watch them disappear.
Bacon cheeseburger sliders, or bacon hamburger sliders if you can’t have cheese, are a great party food not just because they are delicious, but because you can pair them with almost anything. From your traditional air fryer French fries or sweet potato fries to spicy jalapeño coleslaw or macaroni salad and anything in between, you can match these cheeseburger sliders with anything!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Slider buns – We prefer Hawaiian sweet rolls but use whatever kind you prefer.
- Onion – You can use a white only, yellow onion, sweet onion, or red onion.
- Ground Beef – we prefer an 80/20 beef for the burger to make it nice and juicy. We do drain the meat before adding it to the sliders. Some people also prefer using ground sirloin over ground chuck.
- American Cheese – You can sub this with cheddar cheese if you wish.
- Bacon – You can use regular or turkey bacon.
- Toppings – Pickle, Ketchup, and Mustard. Feel free to add any other toppings you desire.
- Seasonings and other ingredients – Olive oil, sesame seeds, butter, black pepper and salt. Some people like to add a little garlic powder as well for a little extra flavor.
Have leftover ground beef and need some ideas? Try making loaded cheeseburger fries, Keto big mac bites (a keto slider!!), big mac sliders, or cheeseburger tots! No matter which you choose, you can’t go wrong!
How to Make Cheese Burger Sliders
Step 1 – Heat skillet – In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat.
Step 2 – Cook onions – Add diced onions and cook for 3 minutes.
Step 3 – Cook beef – Add ground beef, adding salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until the meat is cooked through, and the onions are translucent.
Step 4 – Drain – Drain liquid and grease from ground beef mixture.
Step 5 – Preheat – Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 6 – Prepare buns – Cut slider buns in half (if not pre-cut). Set the tops of the buns to the side and place bottom half of the buns on a baking dish sheet.
Step 7 – Add cheese – Place 6 American cheese slices on bottom buns and break last slice in half to completely cover buns with cheese.
Step 8 – Add beef and onion – Spread beef and onion mixture over the cheese.
Step 9 – Add more cheese – Using 7 more slices, create a second layer of cheese.
Step 10 – Add bacon – Break up the cooked bacon into 12 pieces and place so there will be a slice on each bun.
Step 11 – Add pickle, ketchup, and mustard- Place a pickle slice on each bun, then drizzle with ketchup and mustard. Place top buns on your burgers.
Step 12 – Cover and bake – Cover the sliders with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
Step 13 – Add butter and sesame seeds – Remove foil and brush buns with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Step 14 – Bake again – Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
Traditionally, a slider is a small burger patty that is cooked with onions and pickles on top. When the patty is flipped over, the onions and pickles are flipped as well and cooked underneath the patty.
However, the slider has evolved and expanded over the years so basically any small sandwich on a small roll or bun is considered a slider.
There are millions of ways to make sliders, like banh mi meatball sliders, Greek sliders, bang bang shrimp sliders, and even lasagna sliders.
These bacon cheeseburger sliders take about 40 minutes of total time. That breaks down into about 10 minutes of prep and a 30-minute cook time.
We always use original Hawaiian rolls for our sliders. We love the slightly sweet, super soft, rolls! You can use any slider buns you like and there are lots of brands out there.
We also like the Sara Lee slider buns a lot. They don’t have a sweetness to them, but they are still very soft and fluffy.
You can’t go wrong with serving homemade coleslaw , mustard potato salad, air fryer French fries or sweet potato fries with these sliders.
While these bacon cheeseburger sliders have ketchup and mustard on them, feel free to skip that and serve the condiments on the side instead if you want to let your friends and family customize them. You can also serve with a variety of other sauces and toppings such as sliced tomatoes, extra dill pickles, lettuce, ranch dressing, and steak or Worcestershire sauce.
We recommend estimating about 2 to 3 sliders per person, depending on other dishes being served.
Sliders are best fresh out of the oven. They are not really a dish you can make ahead of time. Trying freeze and reheat your slider will often cause them to be soggy.
You can however prepare the ground beef ahead of time and refrigerate for 2-3 days or freeze for up to 6 months. You’ll need to reheat the meat in the microwave before adding to your sliders to ensure they cook in the recommended amount of time.
Sliders are best when they are fresh out of the oven. While you can make them 30 minutes before your party guests arrive, we don’t suggest making them the day before and reheating if you want the best results.
You can, however, cook the bacon and ground beef up to 1 week in advance. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. If you do this you’ll need to reheat the meat in the microwave before adding to your sliders to ensure they cook in the recommended amount of time.
The rest is quick and easy to throw together and bake right before the party starts so guests can enjoy them at their best!
Looking for More Slider Recipes?
- Meatball sliders
- Cuban sliders
- Short rib sliders
- BBQ pulled pork sliders
- Baked BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Copycat Big Mac Sliders
- Chili Dog Sliders
- The BEST Slider Recipes…
Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add diced onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and salt and continue to cook until meat is cooked through and onions are translucent.
- Drain grease from beef.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut slider buns in half setting the tops of the buns to the side.
- Place bottom buns on a baking sheet.
- Place 6 slices of American cheese on bottom buns and break last slice in half to completely cover buns with cheese.
- Spread beef and onion mixture over the cheese.
- Using 7 more slices of cheese create a second layer of cheese.
- Break up the cooked bacon into 12 pieces and place so there will be a slice on each bun.
- Place a pickle slice so there will be one pickle on each bun.
- Drizzle with ketchup and mustard.
- Place top buns on top of everything.
- Cover the sliders with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and brush buns with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.