Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip is a quick and easy way to make a mouthwatering game day appetizer. With a super short cook time, you’ll be able to throw this cheesy, spicy dish together at a moment’s notice!
This easy Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip takes our classic Crock Pot buffalo chicken dip recipe and speeds everything up. Who doesn’t want this creamy, cheesy, saucy dip sooner, right?
This is an amazing appetizer for any type of party, BBQs, potlucks, football parties… promise you that whatever party you take it to you won’t be bringing home leftovers.
Want to take it to the next level. Make a big batch and use it to make these buffalo chicken jalapeno poppers…OMG…so good!
This is just the thing you are looking for!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you need to make this delicious dip.
- Chicken broth – This adds some extra flavor to the dip.
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce – Frank’s is the absolute best, but you could use another brand if you prefer.
- Cooked chicken breast – You can make it fresh, prepare shredded chicken in your Instant Pot or Crock Pot ahead of time, or use a rotisserie chicken.
- Cream cheese – We use full fat, regular cream cheese.
- Ranch dressing – You can use your favorite brand for this recipe. Personally I love Lite House Ranch dressing!
- Cheddar cheese – You can use another similar cheese, like monterey jack but cheddar is traditional.
New to using an Instant Pot? Make sure you read our beginner’s guide on “How to Use an Instant Pot” to get started!
We used a 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.
Step 1 – Pour in the liquids. Pour both the chicken broth and Frank’s RedHot sauce into the inner pot.
Step 2 – Add in the rest of the ingredients. Once the liquids are in the pot, add the shredded chicken on top and then add the cream cheese, ranch dressing, and 6 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese. You’ll want to reserve some for on top at the end.
Step 3 – Lock it and cook it. Lock the lid in place and turn the valve to SEALING. Next, set to HIGH pressure for 2 minutes. When the timer goes off, do a quick release of pressure by flipping the valve to VENTING and letting the steam out.
Step 4 – Mix it up and melt the rest of the cheese. When the pin drops, carefully remove the lid and stir the ingredients together until everything is fully melted. Finally, add the remaining 2 ounces of cheese and set the lid loosely on top to allow the residual heat to melt it.
To serve from the Instant Pot, set it to warm and serve or spoon it into a bowl.
What To Do If You Get the Burn Notice
The dreaded burn notice is everyone’s least favorite part of cooking with the Instant Pot. If you put your liquid in first, this shouldn’t be a problem, but nothing is perfect and from time to time I get the burn notice when cooking.
Luckily, this recipe doesn’t take long to heat up and melt the cheese, so if you get the burn notice go ahead and release the pressure and open the lid. Then stir everything around to distribute the heat. Most likely, it will be fully cooked (everything will melt together) and ready to go. If it still needs a little time, you can set it to saute and let it finish heat up that way.
If you love cooking with your Instant Pot as much as we do, we highly recommend getting a ceramic inner pot for your Instant Pot. It virtually eliminates the burn notice, which is a great perk and makes it worth every penny!
The Best Chicken to Use
To save time, have your chicken cooked and ready to go. We make big batches of Crock Pot shredded chicken or Instant Pot shredded chicken and keep them in the freezer for quick and easy dinners like this casserole.
If you run out of premade chicken, you can also use rotisserie chicken or canned chicken. Both are great options!
How to Reheat Buffalo Chicken Dip
You can easily reheat it in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes or until warmed through. If you want to use your Instant Pot, you can set it to saute and let it heat up the dip. Just make sure to stir often. This will help keep it from burning on the bottom.
Looking for More Buffalo Chicken Recipes?
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball
- Buffalo Chicken Cups
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Nachos
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Pour the chicken broth and Frank’s RedHot sauce into the pot.
- Add shredded chicken on top followed by the cream cheese, ranch dressing and 6 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Lock the lid in place and turn the valve to SEALING.
- Set to HIGH pressure for 2 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off do a quick release carefully flipping the valve to VENTING and letting the steam out.
- Once the pin has dropped remove the lid and stir the ingredients together until everything is fully melted.
- Top with remaining 2 ounces of cheese and set the lid loosely on top to allow the residual heat to melt it.
- Leave the Instant Pot set to warm and serve straight from the Instant Pot or spoon into a bowl and enjoy.
Luckily, this recipe doesn’t take long to heat up and melt the cheese, so if you get the burn notice go ahead and release the pressure and open the lid. Then stir everything around to distribute the heat. Most likely, it will be fully cooked (everything will melt) and ready to go. If it still needs a little time, you can set it to saute and let it finish heat up that way.