Baked BBQ Chicken Sliders
Chicken, BBQ sauce, and cheese, served on a warm, buttery roll. You will be a hit with everyone when you serve these BBQ chicken sliders!
Whether at a backyard cookout, on game day, at a party, or simply dinnertime, this BBQ chicken sliders recipe will be everyone’s favorite.
Pulled chicken sliders make great appetizers or a meal all on their own. They not only fit in your hand, but they give you a mouthful of flavor with every bite. Their small size is perfect for kids, too!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Slider buns – We recommend using sweet Hawaiian roll sliders, but feel free to use your favorite brand.
- Shredded Chicken –You can make your own Instant Pot shredded chicken or buy it pre-shredded.
- BBQ sauce –Use your favorite brand and flavor!
- Shredded cheese –We recommend cheddar cheese, but feel free to use Colby, Swiss, or your favorite cheese! You can also use slices, you just may need to trim them down to fit the bun.
- Slider butter ingredients – Salted butter, Dijon mustard, Sesame seeds, dried minced onion (you can use red onion, yellow onion, or white onion), Worcestershire sauce
How to Make BBQ Chicken Sliders
Step 1 – Preheat – Preheat oven to 350°F
Step 2 – Toss chicken – In a large bowl add shredded chicken and BBQ sauce tossing until the chicken is fully coated.
Step 3 – Cut rolls – Cut slider rolls in half separating the top half from the bottom half and placing the bottom half of the slider buns in a greased casserole dish or on a baking sheet.
Step 4 – Layer chicken – Layer the BBQ chicken mixture over the bottom buns.
Step 5 – Add cheese – Sprinkle the shredded cheddar over the chicken. Place the top buns on the sliders.
Step 6 – Make slider butter- In a small bowl mix together melted butter, Dijon mustard, sesame seeds, dried minced onions, and Worcestershire sauce.
Step 7 – Butter bread – Brush butter mixture over the tops of the bread.
Step 8 – Cover and bake – Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and the buns are golden brown. Serve hot.
BBQ Chicken Sliders with Rotisserie Chicken
We like to use rotisserie chicken to save time. Just remove the skin, pull the chicken off the bone, and shred using two forks. It is the simplest way to make pulled BBQ chicken.
Having the shredded chicken already on hand will cut down on your prep time and make for easy weeknight dinners!
What Bread to Use
We always use original Hawaiian rolls for our sliders. We love the slightly sweet, super soft, rolls, but you can use any slider buns you like.
The Sara Lee slider buns are also great. They don’t have a sweetness to them, but they are still very soft and fluffy.
The best BBQ sauce to use is the one you like best. There are lots of different types of BBQ sauces. There are sweet sauces, smokey sauces, vinegar-based sauces, Memphis BBQ, North Carolina BBQ, Georgia BBQ, and more!
And, of course, you can always make your own homemade BBQ sauce for that personal touch to your dish!
The great thing about sliders is they are so versatile. They can go with anything!
Try serving them with homemade coleslaw, fall coleslaw, mustard potato salad, air
fryer French fries or sweet potato fries.
For a healthier side, try apple walnut salad, strawberry spinach salad, or vegan pasta salad.
Looking for More Easy Slider Recipes?
- Best Slider Recipes
- Philly cheesesteak sliders
- Easy meatball sliders
- Copycat Big Mac sliders
- Cuban sliders
- BBQ pulled pork sliders
Baked BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl add shredded chicken and BBQ sauce tossing until the chicken is fully coated.
- Cut slider rolls in half separating the top half from the bottom half and placing the bottom half of the slider buns in a greased casserole dish or on a baking sheet.
- Layer the BBQ chicken over the bottom buns.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar over the chicken.
- Place the top buns on the sliders.
- In a small bowl mix together melted butter, dijon mustard, sesame seeds, dried minced onions, and worcestershire sauce.
- Brush butter mixture over the tops of the bread.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.