Baked Turkey Sliders
Turkey, bacon, melty cheese, and chipotle mayo on a toasted bun all in the palm of your hand. This easy baked turkey sliders recipe is the perfect party food!
What is more classic than a good turkey sandwich? Cheese, turkey, bread, and the perfect mayo….we love them!
During the holidays we like the like to use up or turkey leftovers making a Thanksgiving leftovers sandwich or (my personal favorite) the Thanksgiving leftovers sliders. Or we throw some cranberry sauce or relish on a delicious, toasted turkey panini with brie and cranberry or gooey gobbler sandwich.
When football season rolls around we’re all about these easy turkey sliders on Hawaiian rolls. Little baked turkey sandwiches with spicy chipotle mayo and lots of cheese, we just can’t get enough.
Your friends and family will feel the same if you add these turkey and cheese sliders to your game day spread, or even as a delicious weeknight meal. They will be gobbled up in no time!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Slider buns – We prefer Hawaiian sweet rolls but use whatever kind you prefer.
- Chipotle Mayonnaise – Gives the sandwich a great flavor!
- Sliced turkey – You can get deli turkey or get turkey lunch meat from your local grocery store.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – You can use American cheese, Swiss cheese, provolone cheese, gouda, Havarti cheese, or any other cheese you prefer.
- Bacon – Everything is better with bacon. You can use turkey bacon or regular bacon.
- Butter mixture – Salted butter, Dijon mustard, sesame seeds (you can sub with poppy seeds if you wish), minced onion, and Worcestershire sauce
Want to try beef instead of turkey? Try our Roast Beef Sliders with Brown Sugar Bacon!
Step 1 – Preheat- Preheat oven to 400°F
Step 2 – Prepare rolls – Separate the tops and bottoms of your rolls and place the bottom halves in a greased 11″ x 7″ casserole dish or baking dish.
Step 3 – Add mayo – Spread chipotle mayonnaise over the bottom buns.
Step 4 – Add turkey, bacon, and cheese – Layer the turkey over the mayonnaise and then sprinkle bacon bits over the turkey. Place the cheddar cheese slices over the turkey and bacon. Place the top buns on the sandwiches.
Step 5 – Make butter mixture – In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, Dijon mustard, sesame seeds, dried minced onions, and Worcestershire sauce.
Step 6 – Butter rolls – Brush butter mixture over the tops of the buns.
Step 7 – Cover and bake – Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
Step 8 – Uncover and bake again – Remove the foil and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
You will bake these sliders for a total time of 15 minutes: 10 minutes covered and 5 minutes uncovered. This does not count the time it may take you to cook your bacon.
We always use original Hawaiian rolls for our sliders. love the slightly sweet, super soft, rolls! You can use any slider buns you like and there are lots of brands out there.
We also like the Sara Lee slider buns a lot. They don’t have a sweetness to them, but they are still very soft and fluffy.
You can’t go wrong with serving homemade coleslaw, mustard potato salad, french fries, or even sweet potato fries.
While these turkey sliders have a chipotle mayo on them, feel free to serve it on the side instead with a variety of other sauces and toppings.
We recommend trying honey dijon dressing, southwest dressing, sliced tomatoes, dill pickles, lettuce, or ranch dressing.
Can You Make Sliders Ahead of Time?
Sliders are best when they are fresh out of the oven. While you can make them 30 minutes before your party guests arrive, we don’t suggest making them the day before and reheating if you want the best results.
You can however cook the bacon up to 1 week in advance. Store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. The rest is quick and easy to throw together and bake right before the party starts so guests can enjoy them at their best!
Looking for More Easy Slider Recipes?
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- Roast Beef Sliders with Brown Sugar Bacon
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Baked BBQ Chicken Sliders
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
- Chili Dog Sliders
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Chicken Cheesesteak Sliders
- More Slider Recipes…
Baked Turkey Sliders
- 12 Slider buns
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 10 ounces Sliced turkey
- 3 ounces Shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 slices Cooked bacon, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Salted butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons Dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Separate the tops and bottoms of your rolls and place the bottoms in a greased 11″ x 7″ casserole dish.
- Spread chipotle mayonnaise over the bottom buns.
- Layer the turkey over the mayonnaise and then sprinkle bacon bits over the turkey.
- Place the cheddar cheese slices over the turkey and bacon.
- Place the top buns on the sliders.
- In a small bowl mix together melted butter, dijon mustard, sesame seeds, dried minced onions, and worcestershire sauce.
- Brush butter mixture over the tops of the bread.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.