Chicken Parmesan Sliders
This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor.
These Chicken Parmesan Sliders are an easy recipe made with fried chicken tenders, tomato sauce, and lots of cheese!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Thank you!
Sliders are one of my favorite things to make because you can take almost anything and turn it into a simple bite-sized sandwich that is perfect for feeding a bunch of hungry guests….or just one hungry family! I have a list a mile long of awesome slider ideas and so far I’ve made Philly Cheesesteak Sliders, and easy, cheesy, Meatball Sliders. Both were huge hits with my friends and family so the bar was set pretty high when I came up with my latest slider creation, Chicken Parmesan Sliders.
Let me put your mind at rest before we even get into how I made these. These were gone almost as soon as they came out of the oven. The smell of the garlic butter and tomato sauce wafting out of the oven as these sliders were cooking had everyone impatiently asking when they were going to be ready! I love recipes like that, where you know they are going to be amazing before you even take that first bite. They are really easy to make too which is a bonus.
The first thing you have to do is make some really good chicken tenders. Now, I buy mine at the grocery store in the frozen food section because I like to keep things simple, but if you have a chicken tender recipe that you love go for it! Once you’ve prepared your chicken tenders you need to put everything together. Cut your slider buns in half and place them in the bottom of a greased casserole dish. Then place your chicken tenders on the bottom buns, it’s ok if they cross over onto multiple buns you’ll cut the sliders apart before serving. Next, add a layer of your favorite spaghetti sauce, and then cover everything in lots of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. The cheesier the better if you ask me! Put the top buns in place and then pour melted garlic butter over everything and sprinkle it with a little Italian seasoning. That butter seeps into the bread as it cooks and turns it into an amazing garlic bread for your chicken Parmesan sliders.
You bake everything for about 20 minutes and when you pull it out of the oven you have this delicious blend of cheese, sauce, chicken, and garlic that is going to bring everyone in the house running to the kitchen for the first bite. Make sure you save some for yourself! These will be gone before you know it!
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- 1 Slider buns
- 1 lb Breaded Chicken Tenders * *These should be cooked already**, (weight is approx.)
- 2 c Pasta sauce
- 2 c Mozzarella cheese, , shredded
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese, , shredded
- 3 tbsp Butter, , melted
- 1 tsp Garlic powder, (more to taste)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the bottom half of the slider buns in a greased casserole dish.
- Place cooked chicken tenders on the bottom buns and then cover them in sauce.
- Combine the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle it over the sauce.
- Place the top buns on the sliders.
- Melt the butter and mix the garlic powder until it is thoroughly combined. (feel free to add more garlic powder if you like garlic as much as I do!)
- Pour the melted butter over the buns and then sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes.